[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Ticket Touts • Brazil WorldCupFancamp 2014

Ticket Touts

The World Cup 2006 in Germany

Ticket Touts

Postby Anonymous » 18 Oct 2005 17:50

Anonymous

Postby berni23 » 05 Nov 2005 14:17

berni23
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby Winnie » 23 Nov 2005 15:23

Winnie
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby MikeyMariner26 » 16 Mar 2006 03:30

MikeyMariner26
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

ticket swap at fifa and stadiums

Postby buckinghampeter » 29 Mar 2006 17:55

https://customerservice.fwctc.com/cgi-b ... agung_info

The link above is to the rules governing ticket swap through their web site and at the stadiums, this i beleive is a good route if you buy from a tout. It states you can turn up at the stadium the day before and not on a match day and tranfer the ownership of the ticket. You can also do this by proxy, e.g. if you have a letter of consent, and some form of proof that the ticket was leagally obtained and you never paid more than face value.

By the way if you sell your spares back to fifa you get your money back, but if you buy a returned ticket they charge an extra 15%. Talk about bloody double standards on touting tickets, regardless of the admin cost its a money making exorcise because they know they have sold cheaply and given away too many tickets for free to make a profit from sales. I am sure you would have visited this site anyway looking for tickets and swaps but just in case.
buckinghampeter
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby berni23 » 29 Mar 2006 18:05

those links work with your cookies only.

it´s the link below buying tickets at fifa´s site.
berni23
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby tilmali » 05 Apr 2006 16:59

tilmali
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

tea and pig talking shit

Postby tilmali » 05 Apr 2006 17:03

tilmali
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby Mrs. O'Leary's Cow » 01 May 2006 20:50

I agree largely with Ted and Pig, although I don't think you're always going to get face value, just a reasonable price, depending on the matchup. I've never been turned away from a match, and the most I ever paid was 100 quid for ManU v. Arsenal a couple year's ago (right before their FA Cup matchup the following week.) I determine what the match is worth to me, and that's what I expect to get. That match was so tight, touts were asking 4-500 quid, and of 5 or 6 I saw, only 1 had tix in hand! I nearly got a bloke to sell me his mate's at face, but the guy showed up at the last minute. I was about to give up as the match was starting when I decided to walk up to a ticket window (the ones at Highbury that have gates) and asked in my obviously-American accent, "how much would it cost someone who flew 8000 miles to go stand in the corner." He replied, "I'm afraid I can't let you do that, mate. But he's got a ticket if you want it." His co-worker at the next window sold me one he had for 100, which was my max. [smilie=rockon.gif]

Sometimes you gotta get creative, but if you really want, there's always a way in. The problem is, the touts have the obvious upper hand in these scenarios, because we, as fans, give it to them, with our frenzied passion. That's why you should treat it like gambling. Determine how much you're going to spend before you get to the venue, so you don't let your adrenaline once you're there determine your max value. If you don't get it, be prepared to walk away.
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation . . . trying to find decent-priced World Cup match tickets!
Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby Substance » 02 May 2006 06:48

interesting info guys...

we are going to be in berlin for the final, and chances are we wont pick up any tickets thru fifa...but who knows.

either way, were probably going to try and scalp some tickets from somebody.

i agree that having a max amount that youd pay for a ticket is handy.
that way u wont get ripped off.

ill give u 50$ for a cat 1 seat for the final [smilie=blbl.gif]

hopefully we'll get a fair price so we can enjoy the footy final [smilie=fotty.gif]
Polska World Cup WInners 2006
Substance
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Next

Return to World Cup Camping 2006