Ticket Sites

The World Cup 2006 in Germany

corporate tickets

Postby buckinghampeter » 07 Mar 2006 13:42

That's correct

But at the end of the day, its supply and demand, people will always
make a fast buck from selling on tickets we are never going to stop it. at sky high prices beleive me only real fans go

Corporates that keep their tickets (they will get them anyway) spend the match in the bar, with their prawn sandwich.

At least by selling them on they give people the chance to buy them
regardless of the price, i know a person who works at a ticket agency and most of the tickets they get and are advertised at high prices do not sell and they make their profit from the few companies not on the sponsors list and generally not from the fans.
these left over tickets go back into circulation at far less than advertised usually to friends of the agent.
buckinghampeter
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Bournemouth » 09 Mar 2006 01:39

Winnie wrote:The BBC and most other competitions get their tickets directly from FIFA, not bought on tickets that were originally allocated to a sponsor, which is what these are.

The more people that buy these tickets at extortionate prices, the more they give to sponsors and away from the fans.

??? The BBC, most other competitions? Basically, the prices are high because..............

Its the World Cup and every muther ...... wants to go! Fair dincum Ecuador V Costa Rica wont be extortionate, but England V Sweden? that'll cost almost as much as a final ticket!

Take the majoritie's advice peeps, go for the atmosphere, the partying and the beer, and dont get ur hopes up about tickets!

Bournemouth :twisted:
Bournemouth
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby Winnie » 09 Mar 2006 01:43

Bournemouth wrote:??? The BBC, most other competitions? Basically, the prices are high because..............

Its the World Cup and every muther ...... wants to go! Fair dincum Ecuador V Costa Rica wont be extortionate, but England V Sweden? that'll cost almost as much as a final ticket!

Take the majoritie's advice peeps, go for the atmosphere, the partying and the beer, and dont get ur hopes up about tickets!

Bournemouth :twisted:

I know why the prices are high, I was pointing out that the BBC and other competitions don't buy their tickets from sponsors, instead they are given them by FIFA.

Nowhere did I say why ticket prices were high, I said that the more people who pay massive prices to buy complimentary tickets, the more tickets are taken up by sponsors and less given to the actual fans.
bummers are deaf
Winnie
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

ticket sales

Postby buckinghampeter » 14 Mar 2006 06:04

I have only heard of a couple of people who got tickets through the lottery, while i feel sure their will be more, most of the tickets have been allocated to any body who wanted an England ticket who are not neccesarily English this is what feeds the black market.

If you buy from a reputable ticket reseller (do your home work) they will get your ticket personalised using the FIFA portal opening on 27th March, where you are allowed to transfer ticket ownership. Make sure they will do this for you if you buy, as before corporate tickets are faceless and will cause no problems with entry to stadiums.

Please be carefull buying tickets on the web most of the sights are cons. Names to avoid are anything to do with with world cup.com or any derivative of the world cup theme, these are fly by nights who have bought a domain name and set up cheap sites. I have bought many tickets from resellers over many years, and so far have not received a dud. I won't mention names as i do not want to be responsible for anybody losing money,their is always risk.
buckinghampeter
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

tickets

Postby tilmali » 22 Apr 2006 18:44

i always buy my tickets on line and have never been let downgo to the eastablished sites ive met there reps all over the world and never have a problem getting into the grounds tregardless t5he name on the ticket corporate ones are blank.
tilmali
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Previous

Return to World Cup Camping 2006