[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Quarters • Brazil WorldCupFancamp 2014

Quarters

The World Cup 2006 in Germany

Postby safcineurope » 26 Feb 2006 12:22

TW, I saw some of your posts and other peoples for that matter re: tickets. If I were you I would be very wary of buying any sort of ticket! I've done a lot of research and if I were you I would wait until after the first match of England or Australia to see exactly what the security arrangements are going to be for entering the stadiums! Do a google search for world cup tickets and RFID (this is the microchip that is implanted into the ticket) and you will see how stringent arrangments are. I've got a TST for all the games and I've told all my mates to wait until after the first England match before they pay 200-500 quid for tickets. Hopefully, it will be scaremongering which is normally the case for big competitions but I've got a feeling that this time it's going to be different with all the paranoia regarding the war on terrorism and all the rest of it.
safcineurope
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Postby Tw » 26 Feb 2006 13:22

Greatly appreciated for the heads up champ , in your experiance is it best after the first game to go through people at the ground ? Is it worth it ?

Thanks for the heads up once again.

Tw
Tw
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby Winnie » 26 Feb 2006 13:34

Whats different between this and the tickets in Portugal or France?

Weren't these same chips used in Portugal but never checked? How do you confirm the identity of 60,000 people within a 20 minute period?
Winnie
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby safcineurope » 26 Feb 2006 15:07

Have a look at the tickets forum, a guy I think is called Bezza has just posted an article from www.bbc.co.uk regarding online tickets for WC2006! I bought all of my tickets for France and Portugal and loads of other matches off touts but they did not have RFID, it's only been commercially viable in the last year or so. Check it out for yourself and do some research. There will be 2 ticket checks in Germany, the first perimeter will be a simple ticket check just to confirm that you have tickets and the second check is where it gets difficult. FIFA and the German authorities are aiming to check 50-60% of punters to make sure their photo ID corresponds to the info on the ticket. In addition, if you buy a stolen ticket (which is quite common) all the original owner has to do is log on to FIFA's website and cancell the ticket electronically. When the punter with the stolen ticket approaches the turnstile (within 15 feet) the steward will see a warning to say that the ticket has been flagged and the punter will be refused entry. Like I say if you don't believe me check it out for yourselves, all the info is on the net. When I was in New York recently I was in a hostel with 2 Hamburg fans and they were telling me that the German authorities are scared shitless of English, German, Dutch and Polish fans going bezerk and are paranoid about Al Qaida and all the ' Mohammed cartoon' bollocks. Therefore, security is of paramount importance! Who knows it may all turn out to be nonsense like previous tournaments but my mates are waiting until after me and a couple of others have been to the Paraguay match to check everything out!
safcineurope
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby Winnie » 27 Feb 2006 01:46

Winnie
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby safcineurope » 27 Feb 2006 11:34

safcineurope
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

very late reply

Postby buckinghampeter » 10 Mar 2006 22:40

buckinghampeter
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby berni23 » 04 Aug 2007 10:02

Exactly, i haven´t heard of a single case of people being rejected entry with genuine tickets.
berni23
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
PolandPoland

Postby fancamp » 09 Aug 2007 01:56

I´ve seen some drunk dutch guys who were not allowed to enter after they couldn´t produce IDs.
fancamp
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Re: Quarters

Postby welker » 04 Oct 2021 02:03

welker
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
FinlandFinland