[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 136: preg_match_all(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 138: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_reimg.php on line 141: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
At least 4 Aussies on Site Had a Ball • Brazil WorldCupFancamp 2014

At least 4 Aussies on Site Had a Ball

The World Cup 2006 in Germany

At least 4 Aussies on Site Had a Ball

Postby povman1964 » 23 Jun 2006 18:07

Me and 3 other Aussie guys who i met on the forum and subsequently at the site have just finished our tour de Berni and I must say the final result was pretty much what we expected.

Having been bought up on a diet of camping and sleeping rough we seemed to be more attuned to the conditions than a lot of others.

The locals in the surrounding villages were so nice to us, from students buying us beers and giving us a bed for the night when we stayed out till 4 am to the elderly woman celebrating her birthday with us one morning in Gross Eichen,

I went on 6 buses to games, for which i had tickets and the only issue we had was a trip to Liepzig which went a bit wrong but finished up ok,

The people who moaned about cold showers and queues for showers did not bother walking 30 metres down the hill to the portable showers that were installed.

To all the friendly and communicative people from England, Scotland , Mexico, Portugal and others that i met I thank you on behalf of the 4 Aussies for helping to make the experience one to remember for the right reasons.

To the wallys who found it necessary to push down a farmers fence and throw things at his bull , and chant endlessly Engerland during other countries games in both the big tent and the town bars , I say maybe it is time you need to make a decision about what your life is for.

Thanks to all

my trip is over i am happy and sad ....
Last edited by povman1964 on 15 Jul 2006 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
From OZ to WC2006 Here I come
povman1964
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
Great BritainGreat Britain

Re: At least 4 Aussies on Site Had a Ball

Postby mybrainhurts » 23 Jun 2006 19:34

Andy
mybrainhurts
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
United States of AmericaUnited States of America

Postby pommy » 28 Jun 2006 17:05

nice to see you made it back home safe povman campsite is only 1/3 full so theres plenty of room now best wishes
kev & graeme [smilie=fotty.gif]
your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off
pommy
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby mrs_alan_smith » 28 Jun 2006 20:34

i cant be bothered to type my piece again but i totally agree with mybrainhurts, we had a fantastic time,met loads of amazing people and i will never ever forget it,not the best campsite in the world but i was there, at the world cup,the end [smilie=dazzler1.gif]
mrs_alan_smith
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby trev » 29 Jun 2006 08:17

Hey All
Arrived home today. Had a blast in Germany. Meet heaps of ace people. Hope to keep in contact with you all. You have my e-mail address so give us a shout.

Trev and Brazzo
trev
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Postby beestongaz » 29 Jun 2006 14:40

We got a refund, more because everyone else seemed to be doing it. We had a great time, although lacking sleep. We met some great people, Trev Big tone, the wild haired geezer, top blokes. Met some fanatastic people from Germany and England as well. The brewery trip was ace, everyone complaining and asked for a show of hands in the pub who thought it was worth it? Our group put our hands up ........because we didn't pay....another free trip what a blast!
We used the refund to pay for hotels the last 2 nights in picturesque BOPPARD near Koblenz.
Heres to South Africa.

by the way you aussies were robbed by the ref! [smilie=rockon.gif]
It's been emotional!
beestongaz
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:
GermanyGermany

Postby Gecko » 14 Jul 2006 06:02

Hi all,

made it back yesterday, & although I left the campsite early to do some more travelling, I had a ball on site.

The pitches, pool etc where secondary, the new mates & memories where the main thing. I think most of the knobs had left by the time I got there which was good.

Polish security checks where a bit annoying (looking in tents & trying to run off with my passport [smilie=hammer.sml.gif] )

At the end of the day, plenty of [smilie=ernaehrung004.gif] & [smilie=party.gif] , which is what it's about.

Marty
Not too bad for a bunch of convicts
Gecko
Brazil
Brazil

National Flag:

Re: At least 4 Aussies on Site Had a Ball

Postby welker » 04 Oct 2021 02:31

welker
Brazil
Brazil